Coronavirus / COVID-19 – Important Information
At this unsettling time, we want to reassure you that we are doing all we can to protect the health of our customers and our colleagues. This is always our top priority and will continue to remain so.
On Monday 23rd March, the UK government introduced new and stricter measures affecting how we all live our lives in order to protect the NHS from being overburdened during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a result, our service is currently only available to identified key workers providing essential services in the COVID-19 pandemic response and those who need their vehicle for critical travel that is permitted by the UK Government. This includes key workers, emergency services, vulnerable customers and carers of vulnerable people.
We have taken steps to ensure our technicians can observe the strict social distancing required, to protect both our people and our customers.
Making a difference with real care has always been our purpose and we are committed to help keep those with essential travel needs moving. We look forward to re-opening fully in due course and being able to serve all our customers with our full suite of services.
What we are doing
- We are in constant communication with our colleagues, including our technicians, to ensure that they are healthy and are following the latest advice from the health authorities
- Our technicians are cleaning their hands before and after every appointment
- We’ve removed the need for you to touch or sign our technician’s mobile device
- Our technician will wear new disposable gloves at the start of your appointment and dispose of them when finished
- We are following social distancing practices. Our technician will stand back by 2m and will ask you not to come within 2m of our work area where possible
- We’ve increased the cleaning regime in our centres
What we ask of you
- If anyone is self-isolating at the location our technician will be visiting, please rearrange your appointment for after the self-isolation has ended
- If your appointment is at a centre and you or a member of your household has a temperature or a cough, please rebook for once the 14-day isolation period has safely ended
- While in normal times our technicians are extremely grateful for the offer of refreshments, they won't be able to accept them at the moment unfortunately
- In order to meet Government guidelines around social distancing, we have now closed the waiting areas in our Centres. If your appointment is at one of our Centres, you will need to drop off and pick up your vehicle. Please note, you will not be able to wait with it while your appointment is being completed.
- Pay any balance you owe us online, or we’ll send you a link to pay when our technician is on their way. This avoids the need to use chip and pin
Why is Autoglass® open when the Government has told all non-essential businesses to close?
We have received clarification from the UK Government that our business has been identified as critical to support key workers.
We will be operating a limited service during this time in order to support the nation by maintaining emergemcy vehicles and the vehicles of key workers as well as other identified groups such as carers of vulnerable individuals.
What is a key worker?
A key worker is someone whose job is vital to public health and safety during the COVID-19 lockdown. Our services will directly support those that are part of this category and their industries, which include:
- Post offices
to name a few. The full list can be found on the UK Government website.
Why are you no longer carrying out windscreen chip repairs?
Part of the stricter measures laid out by the Government includes instructions, ‘to travel to and from work, “but only where this is absolutely necessary”’.
We are continuously striving to strike a balance between the needs of our customers and our people. To ensure that we continue to have a healthy workforce who can support the needs of identified key workers and those who need their vehicle for critical travel, we have taken the decision to postpone all windscreen chip repairs for now.
We have also created a section with some common questions and answers to help provide clarity during about the limited service we are offering.
Q&A - Our response to COVID-19
What can we help you with?
Book an appointment
For a quick and easy way to make an appointment book online now.
Manage your appointment
Sign in to manage your appointment and pay any outstanding balance.